It is complete! 😀 Finally…
I’m gonna describe what I did, step by step. I’ll put on some detailed pictures of exact process next time… Everyone who makes necklaces like this likes to do their cotton necklaces or jewelry on a maybe similar but still different way. I’ll explain mine in some of the next posts. 🙂
So, by numbers here we go:
1. I got some cotton shirt (thick cotton this time), and cut it in about 3 cm widght.
2. As soon as I got this tranparent summer shirt/dress I knew it will became some sort of necklace (hehe), because the fabric is so nice and pattern is just beautiful.
3. For the brooch I had some difficult time figuring out how to cut the badge I had, eventually i used can opener, 😉 and a safety pin.
4. Then I had to glue everything for brooch. Normally I put something heavy such as a book to keep it dry in place, but since in this case I couldn’t do that I used wooden clips.
p.s. I use all type of glue but in this area I used glue for wood – because big button in the center is wooden
5. Ta-daaa 🙂 It is done, and ready. I imagined it in combinations with more classic clothes like work combinations. As you can see in the picture I put transparent fabric all around and tied it on top with cotton pieces left from the shirt i used. Brooch is from one wooden button and around is again the same cotton fabric braided and glued. On the centre of wooden button I glued some of the transparent fabric and then covered everything with nail polish. 😉 I glued everything on the peace of cotton fabric which I sewed first in two layers to stand better and to be able to hold the entire piece.
Do you like it?