I thought of writing… “Guess who’s back, back again..” but now I’m just stuck singing Eminem’s Slim Shady all day…
Sooooo, are we gonna ignore the elephant in the room and pretend that the last time I blogged was 8 months ago? Yup. For now. 😉
Coz you know when something bad happens and it comes in your memory you kinda go either “lalalalalala” and try to forget, or just straight up to feelz and tears and…so on.
So yeah, we are ignoring it.
Instead I wanted to show you this little jewel of ours. She is 13 years old, she sings and she is Croatian. She won the first Voice for kids here last year and sung the national anthem on a national holiday, but no one thought THIS would happen. I wish Mia ALL the best, and her parents the strength and wisdom to guide her in business as ruthless as showbiz. ❤
I just watched this and… I had to make a post. 🙂 Today is first day of Autumn, and I don’t like when summer ends.
No matter what are your opinions about Jay Z and Beyonce, put that aside, just look at the beauty of this video, the people who look like stars in the sky, the “Forever young” song, look at the cutie Blue Ivy is… Look at the joy in their eyes when they look at her, and please, look at the ending. 🙂
Everything has an ending, but if the journey was good… It is ok. I’m ok with it. This summer was more like an extended spring, so it left me feeling like something is missing. But, I am not going to be sad for the next nine months. I will find the good and the joy. 🙂 So maybe I would ask a person I just met a whole bunch of questions, but in the end, all I really wanna know is what they can’t tell me – their passion, their kindness, their simplicity and positivity… Their enjoyment in life. Their ability to overcome problems, even the hard, scary and consistent ones.
I love doing everything I can at night… Watching movies, series, surfing online, washing dishes, washing clothes, writing blog, contemplating about ideas for blog and in general… Everything. I go from “Oh no.” in the morning to more and more alive person as the evening approaches. 😀
This is THE perfect gif because I have included Bey in my Feel-good Songs Challenge for today.
I like her music sometimes more, sometimes less, but she is an incredible performer I will give that credit to her any day… Amazing! She was here in Croatia two times I think, but prices of tickets were spicyyyy. So, I think… She was here, she’ll be back. It would be nice to see her perform. Plus, I know probably 99% of her songs so singing along wouldn’t be any problem. 😉
When I started this blog, awards were not even in my dreams… To be honest, I didn’t know much about WordPress and I was learning how to surf my way in this platform. (I still do.) I wasn’t aware of the awards. Later, I saw some of the bloggers were getting them, but again, it slipped from my thoughts. And then in a difference of few days, I get two. Second from Amelia from Mungai and the Goa Constrictor. THANK YOU so much. ☺ I am really happy that I inspired you, intrigued you and made you smile, because that is the reason why I’ve started blogging. If I didn’t have the desire that other people read my posts, it would be a journal. 😀
Since I wrote about seven amaaaazing blogs yesterday, I feel kinda silly to write about another ones today, so I’ll skip that rule and connect the two awards. You should check out the blogs I wrote about though. They are great. 🙂
So, I’m on to the rule of 7. Seven things about me. It was fun thinking about what 7 things I want to share today. Of we go…
SEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME YOU WISH YOU KNEW AND NOW YOU WILL:
1. I am a liar. I’ve changed my photo to me, yes, but I’ve cut my hair very similar to Beyoncé’s new haircut – but before Beyoncé. (!) So I think the number one thing is that Beyoncé is copying me. 😉 I am not blond, just to clear that out.
2. I am a leftie. Left-handed. You have probably already heard that people who write with left hand are more creative but lets see what else internet has to say about this:
Approximately 8–15% of the world’s population is left-handed.
Lefties seem to be over represented among geniuses. According to research done at St. Lawrence University in New York, there were more left-handed people with IQs over 140 than right-handed people. Considering that Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, and Benjamin Franklin were all lefties, it is hard to disagree with history.
Well, I won’t disagree. 😀 Also, I just found out that there is an International Left Handers’ Day celebrated on August 13… I don’t know where I have been living…
Although some cultures had a positive view of left-handers many considered them outcasts. There are many parts of the world where children are punished in school for using their left hand.
– The Chive
That is sad 😦 And true for generation before me.
3. I am allergic to mosquitoes. – Hence the name of the blog. I was more allergic as a child and had bigger reactions but they are still my least favorite bug. Them and earwigs. Brrrrrrrrr. No picture here.
4. I am a firm believer that what you put out in the universe comes back. If you want to attract positive things, they will come, if you open yourself for a thing you want, it will come. Maybe not always and maybe not in a form you were expecting. I have been proven right on this so many times…
5. My favorite candy is Ferrero Rocher… Oh…my…Gosh…. It is just… When I get it as a present, I don’t eat it. I cherish it. I eat one every few days, fully enjoying the taste. I have made my birthday wish clear, I want Ferrero cake.
6. I have rollerblades that don’t have a brake and I ride on them for years. And for years I have been escaping pretty unsafe situations. Now I look back and laugh at them but some of them could end up in a hospital, and once I was gambling with getting hit by a car. And still I haven’t bought brakes.
7. I didn’t know what to write for number seven so I asked my sister. She said: “You are wearing a poncho.” Yes I am. And I wear it at home AND outside. Go poncho!
What is “ljubav”? It is a word in croatian for love 😉 Looooveee ♥ ♥ ♥, the thing that makes the world go around. 😀
The word itself is hard to pronounce for strangers, so I’m just going to put it HERE so you can hear how we say love and HERE how we say “I love you”. 😉
As you can see there is a pattern in my posts this week – it is love. I don’t know why now or how, but I have the need to share with you some of my thoughts about love and inspiring videos. And as you can probably guess, I am in love. 🙂 And what is really amazing is that I don’t get jelaous on other peoples love, I just think of my love and feel all soft and warm and tingly inside… 😀
I wanted to share this beautiful song with you, no matter if you are religious, or if you believe in some sort of higher power, universe, nature… Anything. It is ok if you’re an atheist also. I just want to spread the message of self-love this song has for me. Because I firmly believe that that is the place we all need to start to truly love someone else. And if you have problem with loving yourself, accepting yourself like I did, the thought of that someone – God, the universe – is loving you simply because you exist, is awesome. 😉