Hellooooo! 🙂 I have made these two about a month ago, but just now got the time to feature them in the way I want (perfectionist hehe). As usual, I’m gonna let photos speak for themselves… And photos speak creative mess that is my reality when I get on my train of idea realisation. 😉
I have been kinda obsessed with brown and beige color this fall, I have bought one sweater and two shirt in brown color, beige bracelet and put out my brown clothes. I guess I’m trying to get close to Earth. 🙂
So, as you can see, I tried metal endings for my necklace for the first time… (I don’t know exactly how is it called, if you do feel free to comment.) I placed them with pincers and painted with nail polish in – guess what color? Brown.
I realised that when I do have idea of what I want to make it is rarely clear when it comest to jewelry. When it comes to everything else, I pretty much have it all planed out. But when I started making for example, second necklace, I have no idea where my thoughts will lead me. I know I wanted to include braids and wooden buttons I have in my “left-over” box. I deliberately put all the photos so you can see the progress. I wanted to braid the wooden buttons in at first, then only three, one as a central piece and two on each side, and then finally the way it turned out. So, yeah, it’s a process, when I see something isn’t going the way I imagined, I change the course. 🙂
Enjoy in your free time, and if you don’t have any – make it. Love ya!
p.s. I can’t wait to post denim update… 😀
Hello! As the summer (here) is coming to its end :(, I decided to share with you the necklaces I did from cotton in the past months.
I was inspired by summer/navy theme and had many ideas which all led into this three different necklaces. I got some old clothes (in good shape, just used) and by looking into colors of few of the shirts I immediately had an idea to combine dark blue – light blue – white, in different combinations.
It took some time of course from the original thoughts to the finished necklaces because that was my first attempt of making this type of necklace.
- You know that I shared one of my necklace with you earlier, but these are actually made first 😉
I needed some advice so I contacted very kind person who is making this sort of necklaces and ask her for advice. So the basic thing I can say about making cotton necklaces is: when you cut your stripes of fabric, grab the two ends of fabric and stretch them. Then start to spin them until you get this neat look. 🙂 And also, use thin cotton. It’s better.
I don’t know how to explain what I did haha, because blog wasn’t in my plans at the time, so I didn’t take photos. The middle one was actually looking a lot different but then I made this braid instead of just stripes… The bow is made from a part of a shirt that had rubber inside, and I sew it inside out. With the left one I got playful and tied a bunch of stripes on the middle as you can see. (That one is also my favorite to wear, psssst. 😉 )
Anyway if you have any questions, please do ask… Comment, I’m always happy to hear your thoughts.
It is complete! 😀 Finally…
I’m gonna describe what I did, step by step. I’ll put on some detailed pictures of exact process next time… Everyone who makes necklaces like this likes to do their cotton necklaces or jewelry on a maybe similar but still different way. I’ll explain mine in some of the next posts. 🙂
So, by numbers here we go:
1. I got some cotton shirt (thick cotton this time), and cut it in about 3 cm widght.
2. As soon as I got this tranparent summer shirt/dress I knew it will became some sort of necklace (hehe), because the fabric is so nice and pattern is just beautiful.
3. For the brooch I had some difficult time figuring out how to cut the badge I had, eventually i used can opener, 😉 and a safety pin.
4. Then I had to glue everything for brooch. Normally I put something heavy such as a book to keep it dry in place, but since in this case I couldn’t do that I used wooden clips.
p.s. I use all type of glue but in this area I used glue for wood – because big button in the center is wooden
5. Ta-daaa 🙂 It is done, and ready. I imagined it in combinations with more classic clothes like work combinations. As you can see in the picture I put transparent fabric all around and tied it on top with cotton pieces left from the shirt i used. Brooch is from one wooden button and around is again the same cotton fabric braided and glued. On the centre of wooden button I glued some of the transparent fabric and then covered everything with nail polish. 😉 I glued everything on the peace of cotton fabric which I sewed first in two layers to stand better and to be able to hold the entire piece.
Do you like it?