If you didn’t know, my blog is called Ivy Mosquito because I am allergic to f**king mosquitoes…
Not life threatening, but lets just say that they can make me limp for few days if they bite me on my ankles.
I have been enjoy outdoor life and nature in this last 5 days. It was lovely. ❤
Result: I am sitting here TRYING not to think about dozen mosquito bites I have all over my legs and hands. Effing stupid mosquitoes.
I didn’t bring the mosquito repellent because two days I was on my bike, foolishly thinking that “I’m too fast for them to bite me.” XD
Now I’m smarter when I look like I have been in a battle, and sitting super carefully because God forbid that I accidentally scratch somewhere…anywhere.
Ok, so my mission yesterday was to capture the Supermoon. It is called Supermoon because it is bigger from regular full moon and 30% brighter. The next one to come close to it will happen in September next year.
Normally, that kind of information would excite me. But, not these days.
The Perseid meteor shower is getting close to its peak on August 12 and 13, and we have a super big moon covering all of it. Most of it.
That’s not cool.
I will despite that fact, try to see some of them tonight and tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
When I started this blog, awards were not even in my dreams… To be honest, I didn’t know much about WordPress and I was learning how to surf my way in this platform. (I still do.) I wasn’t aware of the awards. Later, I saw some of the bloggers were getting them, but again, it slipped from my thoughts. And then in a difference of few days, I get two. Second from Amelia from Mungai and the Goa Constrictor. THANK YOU so much. ☺ I am really happy that I inspired you, intrigued you and made you smile, because that is the reason why I’ve started blogging. If I didn’t have the desire that other people read my posts, it would be a journal. 😀
Since I wrote about seven amaaaazing blogs yesterday, I feel kinda silly to write about another ones today, so I’ll skip that rule and connect the two awards. You should check out the blogs I wrote about though. They are great. 🙂
So, I’m on to the rule of 7. Seven things about me. It was fun thinking about what 7 things I want to share today. Of we go…
SEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME YOU WISH YOU KNEW AND NOW YOU WILL:
1. I am a liar. I’ve changed my photo to me, yes, but I’ve cut my hair very similar to Beyoncé’s new haircut – but before Beyoncé. (!) So I think the number one thing is that Beyoncé is copying me. 😉 I am not blond, just to clear that out.
2. I am a leftie. Left-handed. You have probably already heard that people who write with left hand are more creative but lets see what else internet has to say about this:
Approximately 8–15% of the world’s population is left-handed.
Lefties seem to be over represented among geniuses. According to research done at St. Lawrence University in New York, there were more left-handed people with IQs over 140 than right-handed people. Considering that Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, and Benjamin Franklin were all lefties, it is hard to disagree with history.
Well, I won’t disagree. 😀 Also, I just found out that there is an International Left Handers’ Day celebrated on August 13… I don’t know where I have been living…
Although some cultures had a positive view of left-handers many considered them outcasts. There are many parts of the world where children are punished in school for using their left hand.
– The Chive
That is sad 😦 And true for generation before me.
3. I am allergic to mosquitoes. – Hence the name of the blog. I was more allergic as a child and had bigger reactions but they are still my least favorite bug. Them and earwigs. Brrrrrrrrr. No picture here.
4. I am a firm believer that what you put out in the universe comes back. If you want to attract positive things, they will come, if you open yourself for a thing you want, it will come. Maybe not always and maybe not in a form you were expecting. I have been proven right on this so many times…
5. My favorite candy is Ferrero Rocher… Oh…my…Gosh…. It is just… When I get it as a present, I don’t eat it. I cherish it. I eat one every few days, fully enjoying the taste. I have made my birthday wish clear, I want Ferrero cake.
6. I have rollerblades that don’t have a brake and I ride on them for years. And for years I have been escaping pretty unsafe situations. Now I look back and laugh at them but some of them could end up in a hospital, and once I was gambling with getting hit by a car. And still I haven’t bought brakes.
7. I didn’t know what to write for number seven so I asked my sister. She said: “You are wearing a poncho.” Yes I am. And I wear it at home AND outside. Go poncho!