I’ve been feeling kinda sick lately… I say kinda, because I’m not laying in bed with temperature (yet!), but my head hurts so much that I can’t blog as much as i want to. 😦 Oh the joys of changing seasons, the autumn is coming and with it so are colds, flu and other gifts of nature… 😕
Fall is really depressing, at least for me… Coming after awesome warm summer, suddenly it’s raining all the time, it’s getting colder every day and sunlight is rare and slowly giving the crown to the night more and more… Autumn has always been my least favorite season, I guess because school is starting, college is starting, responsibilities are starting. It was like an old guy telling me at 4 am that the party is over and he needs to close the club.
So, I was thinking to myself after I was caught in the rain yesterday with no umbrella, what do I LIKE about autumn?
I made a list. It’s not a long one, but it still has more numbers than I thought it would have.
1. Colors. *.* I looooove autumn colors, the nature’s own decorations…
2. Tea. Fruit tea, green tea, mint tea, herb tea, mmmmm…. With lemon and honey. I cannot begin explaining how much I like tea… I don’t drink coffee, tea is my medicine. Since it’s to hot to drink it during summer, I return to him faithfully when the colder days arrive.
3. Watching rain falling. From inside! 🙂 Or maybe going for a walk with umbrella.
4. Smell of rain in the air. Pure freshness. (Like a commercial)
5. Chestnuts roasted on fire… Awesome.
6. Watching movies under a ton of blankets, all warm and cosy…
7. Watching a storm. Again, from inside. Same as with the tea, I am a huge freak when it comes to storms, storm clouds, lightnings etc. I can watch trough window for hours just enjoying, watching how the wind goes through the trees and cars passing by… When i was just a little girl, I would do the same. We even lived in a place without lighting rod, but I was never scared. I have been photographing for years the clouds but now I finally have a place to put those photos. 🙂
8. Halloween! Muahahahaha… It has been few years since we “adopted” this holiday from USA, but it is really a joy. We still have our own masquerade in february. Halloween is more fun for adults, no one goes trick or treating on Halloween, but everyone goes clubbing under masks. 😀
9. And the most important thing… Christmas is coming! Soon, the city will be filled with decorations and festive lights. Delight!
10. With Christmas there comes a New Year, and it seems that I love looking in the sky because I adore fireworks. This is not fall anymore, but it is certainly something I look forward too. And I wanted to end with number 10. 😀
What are your favorite things from autumn?
- p.s. The photos of city decorations are all from my city (Zagreb) and the first photo with lightning is from my country (Zadar). 🙂
- p.p.s I took the photos in this post that have my link marked on them.
- p.p.p.s I made two necklaces from cotton, can’t wait to feature them on blog… 🙂
Disclaimer: I do not own the images in this post that don’t have mark of my blog on them, I found them through Google search and kept their names.